Hayes & Sarff, P.C.

Helping Illinois Families Since 1967

Representation In Estate Plans And Probate

You work hard for the things you have and deserve to have a say in. the distribution of your assets after you pass, if you are a parent, you also want to make sure guardianship is set up for your minor children in a way that you see fit.

Hayes & Sarff, P.C. understand just how difficult and uncomfortable conversations around estate planning and the probate process can be. However, we want to make sure that your last wishes are properly documented to protect the people and property that are most important to you. Without an estate plan, regardless of your age, if something were to happen, the state will decide who is going to raise your children and who is going to spend your money.

We Understand The Importance Of Estate Plans

From our office in Pekin, Illinois, we help clients put together comprehensive estate plans, including:

  • Wills: A will is a legal document that dictates the distribution of one’s assets after he or she passes away. A living will dictates how to handle your medical treatment if you are no longer able to express these wishes.
  • Trusts: There are many types of trusts, including revocable trusts. With a trust, you are able to designate a third party to oversee the distribution of your assets to chosen beneficiaries. For many parents, this estate planning tool sets forth directions for how to distribute assets to a minor child once he or she turns 18.
  • Power of attorney: This is a document that gives a third party the authority to make decisions on your behalf if you are incapacitated.

While we guide clients through creating comprehensive estate plans for the first time, we will also guide you through modifications to existing plans after a divorce or other life change. We will also assist in the probate process, including issues related to adult and minor guardianships.

Take The Next Step. Be Prepared. Contact Us.

All too often, people do not realize they need a lawyer. To ensure your property is going to the people you want to receive it, call our firm at 309-347-2101 or contact us online in any of the following situations:

  • You have children or grandchildren
  • You are remarried with stepchildren or stepgrandchildren
  • You are getting married or divorced
  • You were named in a will by someone who died outside of Illinois